Here are some suggestions for pet-friendly staples: eggs, bell peppers, blueberries, bananas, carrots, sweet potatoes, pumpkin, broccoli, parsnips, squash, kale, Brussel sprouts, and cauliflower.
It’s best to avoid feeding your pet processed human food as it is less likely to contribute health benefits and more likely to contain potentially harmful ingredients. So skip the cookies, chips and pasta - especially since we have pet-friendly versions right here at Three Tails!
PRODUCTS TO TRY AT THREE TAILS:
FOODS TO AVOID FEEDING YOUR DOG:
- Yeast dough
- Chocolate – Theobromine, an ingredient in chocolate, can cause a variety of problems, including diminished blood flow to the brain, triggering heart attacks. It is more concentrated in dark chocolate and baker’s chocolate than milk chocolate.
- Grapes and raisins – these foods contain a toxin that damages the kidneys
- Macadamia nuts – these nuts contain a toxin that affects the nervous system and muscles
- Fatty Foods
- Onions – both raw and cooked onions contain sulfoxides and disulfides, which damage red blood cells and can cause anemia
- Artificial sweeteners – NutraSweet, Sorbitol, Sweet’N Low, Xylitol, etc.